Accidental Coincidences

by Two Wolves


     The captain was returning from a two hour workout on Holodeck 2. Upon entering the bridge, she suddenly lost consciousness and fell to the floor. When she awoke, there were three Klingon faces hovering over her. Captain Isis McKintyre blinked several times. But the Klingon faces didn't leave. The female of the trio growled something at her in the Klingon language, which fortunately Isis understood.
     "How are you, Captain Keshin?" she asked.
     "Captain Keshin? I'm not a Klingon!" Isis thought.
     "The last thing I recall was arriving on the bridge and that is it." McKintyre replied, as she sat up. It was then she noticed she was decked out in leather and chain mail.
     "You collapsed and struck your head. It is fortunate that you are a Klingon, thus you have inherited a hard skull." the female replied.
     "Wonderful." McKintyre thought. She hesitated to ask the woman's name. Since she was captain she was supposed to know the name of all of her crew members. Right?
     "Who are you?" Mckintyre chanced anyway.
     Her companions muttered and grunted. They had suspected this. Short term memory loss, confusion, et cetera.
     "I am Doctor Bortess. This is Commander Korr and Weapons Officer Tholl." Bortess introduced. "And you are on board the IKV In'Cha." she continued proudly.
     "Holy Neutral Zone! I'm a Klingon on a Klingon ship! How the heck did I get here and how do I return? If the law of averages is correct, some poor Klingon is waking up on The USS Exeter in the same vat of hot water." McKintyre thought, as Bortess and company attempted to help her stand.
     She shrugged them off with an air of Klingon arrogance and stood. It took a little getting used to moving in a heavier Klingon body. Female though it might be.
     In minutes they arrived on the bridge, which was much darker than McKintyre was used to. The only illumination came from the various surrounding consoles.
     "Now, I can kinda get used to this." Isis thought, as she sat in the Attila The Hun throne-like command chair. The minute she got settled, a snively and spiny creature ran up, rubbed it's head on her booted foot and whined for attention.
     "Ewwwwww! A Targ!" Isis shuddered to herself, as she attempted to discretely push the pesky creature, which obviously loved her, away.
     "These darned things drool . . . . ." Isis thought giving it another discrete shove with her booted foot.
     "That is Princess." the female communications officer said out of the blue.
     "Great, what I've always wanted. A targ named Princess. Can it get any worse?" Isis thought, as she tried to formulate some kind of plan to return to her ship as a human female.
     "Captain! We're being hailed by General T'Gok!" the communications officer shouted.
     "Great!" Isis thought, as she rubbed her forehead. It didn't help to feel a heavily ridged brow.
     "Put him on screen." Isis snapped. The communications officer immediately sprang into action. The next sight on the view screen was an older, stern-visaged, be-metaled Klingon male.
     "Captain Keshin, The USS Exeter has trespassed the boundary lines of the Neutral Zone for the third time this month. I am dispatching you to order her out! If she will not leave, destroy her!" General T'Gok ordered.
     Isis ordered a course change for the In'Cha to intercept The Exeter at the Neutral Zone.
     "Hold on baby, Momma's coming ta get ya back." Isis thought, and smiled to herself.